This sixth edition of Manga Festival de Peymeinade (previously called Passionately Manga) will take place on October 9 and 10 at the city’s David Douillet gymnasium. Still without any commercial purpose, it is organized by the city’s communication, culture and associations department and its only objective is the pleasure of visitors in love with Asian culture. Entrance to the festival is free, but subject to presentation of the health pass.
This new version of the show more than doubled its surface by changing the location to welcome the public. There will thus be more stands and entertainment centers to have a good time. On the program, comics, manga, lightsaber or sumo fights, drawing workshops, kimonos, calligraphy, origami, video games, virtual reality, shôgi, demonstrations of martial arts and the essential cosplay. Finally, part of the French team of Hado eSport will be present for an animation.
In the part that concerns us, we will be on site with a stand where there will be PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch consoles. Thanks to our friends of the association Twilight of the Gods, the versus fighting will be in the spotlight with tournaments of Dragon Ball FighterZ (Saturday 9 – registration link) and Guilty Gear Strive (Sunday 10 – registration link) and of free play with Street Fighter V and Captain Tsubasa. With the help of association LaxFly Game Tournament, we are going to organize two tournaments Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, on Saturday 9 (registration link) and Sunday October 10 (registration link) at 1:00 p.m.
On the virtual reality side, our stand will offer positions with new experiences accessible from the age of seven. A challenge Beat Saber will be organized over the weekend and it will take the best score – on a title announced at the last moment – to win. No prior registration is necessary, these are done on site.
- Animation of the festival: Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 October from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
A costumed host, wielding humor and derision, will energize this 6th edition. There you will also help you choose from the various workshops offered.
- Cosplay contest: Saturday October 9: parade at 4.30 p.m. and awards ceremony at 5.30 p.m.
For cosplay enthusiasts, a competition will be organized by the Cosplay Azur association as well as a parade. Those interested can register at the following e-mail address: [email protected] and on site until 4:00 p.m. The parade will start immediately and the awards ceremony will take place at 5.30 p.m.
- Lightsaber Battles: Saturday October 9 at 10:30 a.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. and Sunday October 10 at 10:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Tournament with the public Sunday October 10 at 4:00 p.m. – Prize giving at 5:30 p.m. Light Saber Company will be demonstrating lightsaber combat and engaging the public to the delight of Stars Wars fans.
- Hado eSport: Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 October, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. – Sunday 10 October, at 2:30 p.m., public match against the French team – Prize giving at 3:30 p.m.
National sport in Japan, this team game combines the virtual and Sport the real thanks to augmented reality. The goal is to hit the opponents while avoiding enemy shots. Sunday, do not hesitate to face you live with the French team of Hado eSport.
- Inflatable sumo matches: Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 October from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Play as a Japanese sumo for a fight! Equipped with costumes, players will compete on the tatami while trying to get their opponent out of the colored circle, while respecting the ritual of this ancestral sport. But beware, once in the shoes of a sumo, each movement requires an effort … Whether you are a spectator or a participant, this game is sure to have fun.
- Karate, judo and aikido demonstrations: Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 October from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The martial arts associations of Peymeinade will be present to share their passion with visitors.
- Video games and virtual reality stand: Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 October from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Come and live exceptional experiences with the latest generation virtual reality headsets! Come and try the simulation seat on jacks for breathtaking sensations … Many other tournaments and video game duels will be offered.
- Kimonos workshop: Saturday October 9 from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Sunday October 10 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Want to discover the art of the Kimono? Because it is indeed a real art in Japan! This complex and ancestral garment must be worn in a certain way. The Manabi association in Nice will be happy to introduce you to it.
- Drawing workshop: Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 October from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Budding artists will be able to learn manga drawing techniques.
- Origami workshop: Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 October from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
A workshop will be organized for folding enthusiasts. Participants will be able to learn how to make cranes, stars, flowers, a fox, a heart and more … a creative and relaxing activity.
- Japanese calligraphy workshop: Saturday October 9 and Sunday October 10 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
This art of writing and concentration will be offered throughout the festival.
- Shôgi • Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 October from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
This traditional Japanese board game close to the game of chess will appeal to players
- Headers (photos): Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 October from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Become a Japanese character with just one click. Passes will be available for young and old. Do not hesitate to use your smartphone to immortalize this moment!
- Broadcast of the Manga film “The kingdom of cats” by Hiroyuki Morita: Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 October, at 10:30 am, 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm in the screening room
Haru is a young high school student full of doubts who does not find her place among the others. Her life is turned upside down when, on her way home from school, she saves the life of a cat who is nearly run over by a truck. But this is not just any cat, it talks, stands on its hind legs and is named Loon: it is the prince of the kingdom of cats. Now the felines owe Haru a debt. The next day they shower her with gifts and their king himself invites her to his castle to thank her. The monarch wants her to marry his heir …
- Exhibitors on Japan and manga: Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 October from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Different stands will sell goodies, origami folds, figurines and manga comics.
- Asian specialties and sweets for children: Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 October from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Asian specialties will be on sale for all those who want to discover or rediscover Asian cuisine. And this year, we can also find a stand of cotton candy and candy apples!
- Outdoor games: Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 October from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
An interactive inflatable structure will be available to children. They can also try their hand at ax throwing or even face off against the giant Power 4!
If you are in the area, we invite you to come and see us to enjoy the good atmosphere that will offer us this Manga Festival de Peymeinade.