The Algiers FIBDA International Comic Festival is organizing, in collaboration with the Z-LINK editions and ONDA (National Office for Copyright and Neighboring Rights) the competition: ‘Cosplay Algeria 2021’ during the 13th edition of the Festival, from December 22 to 26, At the Riad El Feth office, in Algiers.
Cosplay is a discipline that accompanies festivals dedicated to the 9th art in the world. Its rules are simple:
make a costume representing a character taken from a comic strip, whatever the genre (manga or other), or create an original character inspired by Algerian culture followed by a theatrical performance in front of a jury. For this 2021 edition of the competition we aspire to the professionalization of the competition.
Consequently, a preselection will be made on the basis of (WIP: work in progress) sketches or photos sent with the registration form.
To participate: easy!
1) Complete the registration form.
2) Take a picture of yourself wearing the costume.
3) create a staging (as original as possible) in the space that will be dedicated to it. Solo or group performances are accepted.
4) send it back to [email protected].
A jury made up of cartoonists, gamers, artists and comic book enthusiasts will assess the candidates. The selection criteria are:
1) The quality of the costume.
2) The implication, gestures and configurations of the candidate. 3) The originality of the staging.
The jury will also take into account the positive values expressed by the costume and the character: generosity, friendship, solidarity, the spirit of exchange, living together.
The candidate must not present a costume already used in a previous Z-LINK or FIBDA Cosplay competition. He will be automatically eliminated.
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
Algerian cosplay culture award: (costume of Algerian characters from comics, tales, literature, theater …)
– Best Solo Cosplay Award: ONDA
– Prize for the best group cosplay (duo)
– Best costume award
– Prize for the best comedy cosplay
The first 10 winners will appear in the 2021 Festival winners.
The first 5 prizes are remunerated.
The results will be announced on the FIBDA website and facebook page as well as on the laabstore z-link facebook account. https://www.facebook.com/laabstore16000/