The streaming provider Netflix has developed into a real anime VoD alternative in recent years. With hundreds of animes in their program, every anime fan has something to watch on Netflix.
It is therefore annoying for many when the streaming giant removes anime series or films from their online offerings. Last year, Netflix made headlines and anime Netflix fans feared that the media company wanted to leave the anime scene.
But it was not like that. Netflix announced that it wanted to invest in its own anime productions and thus expand its offering. Now, however, 5 more animes will be removed in February and 3 will be added. Two more animes will also be removed by tomorrow.
Anyone who has not yet watched “Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion” should do so in a binge watch today and tomorrow. The fans of the Fate series only have until tomorrow to watch the series “Fate / Grand Order: First Order” on Netflix.
In February, the second season of “Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion” will be removed from the offer. In addition to Code Geass, popular series such as “Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso – Seconds in Minor”, “Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic” and “Gantz” are also removed. Below is a full list.
Anime that will be removed and added
Only in January 2021:
– Bis 31. Januar: „Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion“
– Bis 31. Januar: „Fate/Grand Order: First Order“
Only in February 2021:
– Until February 17: “Gantz: O”
– Bis 28. Februar: „Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2“
– Until February 28: “Gantz”
– Bis 28. Februar: „Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic“
– Bis 28. Februar: “Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso – Sekunden in Moll”
Added: (More information is available here)
- Am 18. Februar: Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan
- Am 18. Februar: High-Rise Invasion
- (Date still unknown): Naruto Shippuden